Kindergarten registration @ First United Methodist Church for the 2019-2020 school year. For info call the church at 777-8816
Vacation Bible School is set for Unity Baptist Church June 24th through 28th from 8:30am until noon at 402 South Hervey. VBS is for those who
have completed kindergarten through 6th grade. There will be Bible lessons, crafts, refreshments, music, imagination stations, free gizmo, and
great fun! This is a free event! Bring a friend! For info phone Unity at 777-4078.
New Liberty Baptist Church near Emmet will have Vacation Bible School June 24-28 from 6:00-8:30 pm. Theme is Farm Fresh Faith.
UA Hope-Texarkana is holding registration for Camp Save-a-Life for grades 7 and 8 June 24-27 on the Hope campus
- Kids on the Go of Rainbow of Challenges will host their annual Bake Sale on Wednesday, June 26. The sale will be held from 9:00 til 11:00 a.m. in the parking lot of the ROC administration building located at 500 S. Main Street. Stop by and take home some of the best baked goods in town while helping a great group of kids raise funds for field trips and activities this summer.
- LifeShare Blood Center will be accepting donations Thursday, June 27th, 7 am – 11 am Arkansas State Highway Dept 2911 Highway 29 North in Hope
- Disney's live-action Dumbo will be at Hempstead Hall Thursday, June 27th at 5:30 pm. $4 for all ages. All students who attend any session of Kids' College will be given a free ticket
Hope-Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce Community Coffee Wednesday, June 26th will be 9:30-11:00 am, hosted by the Hempstead County Farm Bureau Women's Committee at the Chamber.
Thursday, June 27 - 4:30-7:00 pm will be the 4th ThursDAY Slip Away in downtown Hope. Theme: Ladies Night Out.
McRae School Reunion 2019 is June 27-30, with registration due by June 15th. The Paint Prescott Purple and Gold parade is Saturday, June 29th. Contact Registration Chair Patricia Blake at 870-887-6686
- The monthly singing at Southside Baptist Church, Highway 29 South across from the college in Hope, is Friday, June 28th at 6:00 pm. Potluck supper
“The mesS I’m iN” (sic) Stageplay is coming to Hempstead Hall in Hope Saturday, June 29th, in collaboration with the Brotherhood of Fulton. Doors open at 4:00 pm. Show starts at 5:00 pm. Tickets are $10 and $20 and can be purchased at the door or going to their Facebook page by entering play title.
Deadline to register for Southwest Arkansas Arts Council's annual STAR Academy is Monday, July 1st. The week-long training session is July 22-26. Forms are available at the SWAAC Arts Station at 200 East Division St. in Hope (10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday); to receive registration forms by email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost of the workshop and production is $50 for children of members and $65 for non-members, with a $10 discount for second and third participants per family. A limited number of scholarships are available. Call 870-777-8200 for more information.
The 17th Henry C. Yerger School Reunion will be July 3rd though 6th. Kickoff with registration will be at 10am at the Yerger Middle School Band
Hall on the 3rd. The parade will be July 4th at 5pm. Anyone interested in putting a vehicle in the parade needs to be at Yerger Middle School
at 4pm on the 4th. Mary White is the President, Johnnie Jones Vice-President, Ala Mae Flenory, Secretary, Margaret Moss Treasurer, and Norma
Henry Assistant Secretary-Treasurer. For info you can call Ms. Flenory at 826-0801
Reading, Signing & Celebrating the Declaration of Independence at Historic Washington State Park Thursday, July 4th. Admission: Free. Hear the Declaration of Independence read, as was commonly done in the 19th century, at the 1874 Courthouse. Afterwards, sign your own "John Hancock" to a copy of the Declaration that you may take home. Event will take place at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
The 12th annual "Spirit of Hope" Celebration is set for July 4th at First United Methodist Church at 2300 South Main in Hope. Events begin at 7pm
with the Children's Bike Parade. Christian Music will be provided by the band "The Outsiders". At 8pm there will be recognition of Hope In Action,
Methodist Famiy Health, and the Call of Hempstead County. Music will continue from 8:15pm to 9:30pm and then the fireworks show will begin
There will be concession, lots of activities for the kids, and good entertainment. Those attending should bring a blanket or lawn chairs. An of-
fering will be taken in support of Methodist Family Health, Hope In Action, and The Call. The public is invited. There is not charge to see the
fireworks or enjoy the events.
- The HWL office will be closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019. Personnel will be available for water and electric emergencies at 870-777-3000. Customers may pay their utility bill via their smart device or through our locked drop box inside the front double doors. They may also may their payments to P O Box 2020, Hope, AR 71802. They can download our free App – Smarthub to pay their bill or to www.hope-wl.com.
Hempstead County Courthouse, Road and Waste Department will be closed Thursday, July 4th, 2019. Trash pick up for Wednesday, July 3, and Thursday, July 4 will be collected on Wednesday July 3,2019.
The monthly singing at Okay Community Baptist Church, 301 Okay Road, Saratoga, is Friday, July 5th at 6:30 pm. There will be potluck supper. For information, call 870-388-9200.
Prescott-Nevada County Chamber of Commerce and the City of Prescott presenting a 4th of July Celebration Friday, July 5th starting at 8:00 pm at the Prescott High School Football Stadium. Fireworks Show starts at sundown. Live music, food and drinks. Free entry and parking.
Bring the Heat Lamb, Goat & Pig Show at Fair Park in Hope July 5-6, sponsored by Buckles & Banners 4-H Club. For information, contact Lauren Priddy at 281-467-6434 or email@example.com.
St. Luke Number 2 Baptist Church, 5296 Hempstead 2 near Fulton, will celebrate and old fashion Family & Friends Homecoming Sunday, July 7th at 3:00 pm. Special guests include Pastor Kenneth Thornton and Leary Chapel Baptist Church of Hooks, Texas. For information, call 870-896- 2281.
Gurensey Baptist Church, 4284 Hempstead CR 2, will have revival services Monday, July 7th through Wednesday, July 10th, at 7:00 pm night. Evangelist will be Ron Owen of Antioch East Baptist Church of Magnolia. For information, call 903-748-6477.
Laneburg Baptist Church, 2775 US 371 South (of Prescott) will hold Vacation Bible School with the theme "Roar!" July 7-9 from 6:30-8:30 pm
Shover Springs Baptist Church will hold homecoming Sunday July 7th at 10:30 am with Wayne Johnson speaking pot luck following service. Revival is Monday through Friday with at start time of 7:14. Based of of 2 Chronicles 7:14. Monday will be Mike Taylor Tuesday will be Adam Rogers Wednesday will be Kenneth Bobo Thursday will be Roy Johnson Friday will be Neal Ridling. Friday is homemade ice cream and desserts following the service.
Bobcaw #1 Baptist Church will have Vacation Bible School July 7-12 from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm. Theme is Farm Fresh Faith
Arkansas State Police Troop G, 2501 North Hazel in Hope, will hold a Troop Recruiting Meet & Greet from 5-6:00 pm Tuesday, July 9th. Recruiters will be at the meeting.
The Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Fulton will hold a beneft for Deacon and Sister Meeks. The benefit will be July 13th at 6pm at Mt. Zion Baptist
Church in Prescott. Choirs are invited to render an "a" and "b" selection. For info call Pastor Jessie Henry at 703-8994.
The monthly singing at Guernsey Baptist Church, 4284 Hempstead 2, is Friday, July 19th. at 6:00 pm. Potluck supper will be served.
- The movie "A Madea Family Funeral" is Friday, July 19th at 6:30 pm at Hempstead Hall in Hope. Admission is $4. Concessions availble. PG-13
- Blevins High School Class of 1979 will have a get-together Saturday, July 20th. The class will meet at 11:00 am at the McCaskill Community Center, then at 3:30 pm go to the cemetery to pay respects to class members before having dinner in Nashville.
Bear Creek Boys will be Music in the Park guests Saturday, July 20th at Historic Washington State Park, starting at 7:30 pm on the 1874 Courthouse lawn. Part of the Arkansas Roots series celebrating 200 years of Arkansas Territory. Williams' Tavern Restaurant will be open to 7:00 pm. Free, bring your own lawn chair
- Bluff Springs Baptist Church, 559 Nevada 131 near Rosston, will hold revival services July 21-26th at 7:00 pm; Evangelists include; Kenneth Bobo
- Bodcaw #1 Baptist Church, 751 Nevada 13, will have Homecoming Sunday, July 21st, starting at 10:30 am. Taylor Bruce, speaker; John Ed Dorman, devotional. Lunch will follow with singing in the afternoon. Lane Garner, pastor.
Bodcaw #2 Baptist Church, 2469 Highway 53 (Rosston), will have Homecoming Sunday, July 21st starting at 10:30 am. Jerry Evans, speaker, Ed Phillips, pastor.
- Sunday, July 21st Spring Hill Christian Church, 601 Highway 355 West, will be collecting donations for their 3rd Annual School Supplies Drive. There will be a bucket at the back of the church. If you would like to volunteer to help with the program please get in touch with Sarah Carrillo 870-703-6401.
Bobcaw #2 Baptist Church, 2469 Highway 53 (Rosston) will hold revival services July 21-24 with David Watkins evangelist. Sunday night at 6:00 pm and weeknights at 7:00 pm. Ed Phillips, pastor.
- Corinth Baptist Church, 279 Cornish Road off Highway 332 between Yancey and Tollette, will hold Vacation Bible School July 22-26 starting at 6 pm. Classes for all ages, including adults. Theme is Farm Fresh Faith
Bodcaw #1 Baptist Church, 751 Nevada 13, will hold revival services July 22-26th, at 7:00 pm. Roger Copeland, evangelist; Lane Garner, pastor.
The monthly singing at Southside Baptist Church, Highway 29 South across from the college in Hope, is Friday, July 26 at 6:00 pm. Potluck supper.will be served
Candle Making Workshop Saturday, July 27th at Historic Washington State Park from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Admission: $25.00 Meet at the candle shop and enjoy the hands-on experience of making candles as you learn the history of this art form. Make your own creation and take it home so everyone can enjoy the colors and fragrance. Must be 12 years or older to participate.
- Candy Land is the theme of Vacation Bible School at Victory Baptist Church, 2510 Highway 174 South of Hope July 29-August 2nd from 6:00-8:15 pm. For ages 4 and up. For details, call 870-397-1986.
President William Jefferson Clinton Birthplace Home NPS will host a Junior Ranger Explorer Summer Camp, free for boys and girls who are 9-13 years old. Date s are July 30-August 1st. Full details and application with schedule can be found at a link on their Birthplace site's Facebook page. Limited to 35 participants.
- Rick Evans Grandview Prairie Conservation Education Center near Columbus will hold a 3-D Archery Tournament on Saturday, August 3. Stagger start 8 a.m. to noon. Bring the family and brush up your skills or learn a new sport. Awards will be given to the first three places in each division. Call the office at 870-983-2740 to register or for more information. $5 for youth, $10 for adults and $20 for families.
- Spring Hill United Methodist Church is conducting a School Drive. On Thursday, August 8th at 5:30 pm, the church will have tables setup outside with free school supplies for anyone that needs them while supplies last